Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1-4-10

I blew it already. Generally, the fate of everyone waking up in the morning rests on my shoulders, whether I'm working or not. I had to piece the events together this morning, but I figured it out: We use the iPod to wake us. Well, I turned the volume up on the iPod, but failed to set the alarm. We woke up just as Zoe was supposed to be going out the door. Zoe took it very well. Amazingly, she was only ten minutes late. Apparently, Eli had been up for a bit, but was playing between us quietly. Laurie saw that it appeared lighter than usual for when we usually get up. You can imagine the panic that ensued. Eli was very tired. Here is a picture which was taken minutes before he fell asleep with ease this morning.

Not happy...
The problem is, that I had to pick up Zoe for an appointment a few minutes after Eli fell asleep easier than he ever has before. During Zoe's appointment, we took a walk. He had some sleep time, transferred to the car when Zoe was ready, dropped Zoe off at school, picked up coffee for Laur and I, and met Laurie at home for her daily lunch visit. After that, Eli and I had some play time:



Naughty boy...playing in the dirt.




























Then, a walk up Gunn Hill and through the Ithaca City Cemetery. It was such a sunny day, I had to get Eli out during his nap.


Minutes before sleep...

Toast.

The cemetery.

Then, back down the hill to beautiful Linn St.:


Lily the dog looking on.
















Zoe (yellow coat), arrived home with her friend Hannah just as Eli and I got home.








No comments:

Post a Comment