Monday, January 17, 2011

The Embalmer-Mobile, His First Playdate, The Basketball Game, and Other True Stories

Recently, Eli had his first play date.  It went well. Eli and Mossimo regarded each other and set about to play near each other. Once in a while, there was a grunt here or there, an embrace or two, and some random screaming.


Eli (on the right) and Mossimo playing


Zoe has been playing basketball through her school. Her games are on Saturday. This past Saturday, the girls were all set to play 3rd grade boys from another school. The boys did not show up, so the girls played against each other for fun.

Zoe is the blur on the left with the white shirt

Some time ago, Laur and I sold one of our cars and have been living ok with one car. My father-in-law, who is a mortician, recently bought a new car to accommodate, as he put it, "three bodies instead of two". Since he had paid the insurance on the two body holder, he offered it to us to use until April. The Astro Van comes complete with room for eight with seats, or two who have passed on, without seats. And, if that isn't enough, it has vanity license plates with EMBALMER on them. We get a lot of looks from people. Anyway, part of the highlight of having season passes and getting to go to Greek Peak every weekend for Zoe, is to ride in the back of the Embalmer Mobile. In fact, I can get her to go just about anywhere with me if I take the van. She doesn't question the sinister stains on the floor, but the can of insect spray in the back cup holder has her freaked out. The van has come in handy for our trips.

The Embalmer-Mobile



Zoe in the back of the van with the stains and bug spray...still smiling.

Zoe and I had a great afternoon of skiing on Sunday. Something happened today that I'll probably always remember. Every parent should want their child to surpass them in every way at some point. Today, I feel like Zoe did that with skiing, at least in terms of risk taking and trying something new. The hill we've been sticking to has some challenges. Zoe takes the challenges. Today, I was put-zing down the hill. I stopped for a second to check on Zoe, and she was a small dot way in front of me bouncing down the mogul side of the slope.  I realized at that moment that it happened...she surpassed her old man.  Good for her!


No comments:

Post a Comment